April 7, 2021 | Source: The CAI Florida Legislative Alliance
The CAI Florida Legislative Alliance comprehensive legislative package, Senate Bill 630 passed the Florida Senate and will move back to the House for concurrence. The Florida Legislative Alliance initiated and helped draft this much needed legislation and advocates like you have continued to support their efforts. Specifically, the bill:
- Allows condominium associations to use the same non-binding arbitration process for dispute resolution that is currently used by homeowners associations.
- Clarifies that board member term limits are prospective.
- Increases the amount that can be charged for a transfer fee from $100 to $150.
- Addresses insurance subrogation to curtail fraud and stop skyrocketing insurance rates.
- Clarifies that associations’ emergency powers extend to a health emergency, not just a natural disaster.